Sunday 7 September 2008

Gerund - Infinitive

1. It's obvious he's only interested in (make) __making____________ money.


2. Anne couldn't find a taxi so I offered (drive) ___driving_____________ her to the station.


3. I managed (book) ____booking____________ two seats on the morning flight


4. I promise (send) ___sending____________ you our new brochure as soon as it's available.


5. Peter was delighted (meet) ___meeting____________ a former colleague at the conference.


6. I avoid (take) ___taking____________ the car whenever possible, especially in big cities.


7. We finished the job by (work) ___working____________ 12 hours a day.


8. Bob sent a report to the Chairman instead of (attend) ___attending____________ the meeting.


9. A lot of people dislike (drive) __driving_____________ at night.


10. I intend (speak) ___speaking____________ to my boss about your complaint

No comments: